Thursday 12 April 2012

I Kissed a Girl, Didn't Like It... (She Tasted Like Bloody Lemsips)

My lovely Aerospace Girlfriend has been laid up in bed all week suffering from an acute case of the manflu, and no she didn't catch it from me. But while she wasn't well and nothing was on TV we have been living the life of an old couple by playing Scrabble. I have to say that winning two games out of at least twelve didn't do much for my confidence. She then went on to smash her way through the Sudoku and both the normal and cryptic crosswords in the Guardian. When she was really stuck, she'd ask for help. I'd assume a look of thoughtfully gazing into the air, but in reality I was stumped everytime.

I learned an important lesson the other day... I was making dinner while Aerospace Girlfriend was lay on the sofa and managed to convince her that it was foolish to let me cook a very complicated meal and talked her into letting me cook one I was familiar with. All was going well, cooking nicely, looking good...... Then she woke up and asked if I had used any vegetable stock, I laughed and retorted that I was a damn fine cook, this recipe had come down through the family and wait until you eat it. In fact so confident I was in how nice it would be, I laid a bet that if she didn't like it I'd buy her a vintage bangle that she had been lusting after. Out came the dinner from the oven, steaming and smelling delicious... My moneys safe..

While I was clearing up and dishing out my dinner, Aerospace Girlfriend was eating hers and pulling faces. I kept asking what was wrong, and she say it was fine and how lovely it was, nom nom ect... Strange. I sat down and began to eat my dinner, now I know that reading this you are imagining that I am going to say how horrible it was, and you'd be right. It was, more or less, just slices of potato and onion in hot water and she had beat me again.

Score Woman 1000
Score Man      0002

Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment